What if My Spouse Doesn't Pay?

This is kindly called a "Unilateral lowering of spousal maintenance" which is a nice way of saying that one spouse has decided that he or she is no longer going to pay the awarded amount, and has no court order behind that decision.  When a spouse does this, the proper course of action is to file a Rule to Show Cause where the party must appear and justify its actions to the Court as to why maintenance is not getting paid.  Typically this results in the maintenance getting paid again.  Beyond the Rule, a party can file a Citation to Discover Assets or even attempt to get the non-paying party held in contempt of court for disobeying the Court order.  The party who received the award has many mechanisms to get paid.